If you’re not familiar with high-end audio systems in Chicago, you probably haven’t been introduced to high-resolution audio. That means you’re missing out. Your listening experience is lacking all the detailed nuances that high-res technology offers. Here’s what you need to know.
What it is
Hi-resolution audio offers excellent sound quality that is far superior than what you’re probably used to from music streaming services and CDs. What you hear through hi-resolution audio allows you to experience sound that is as close as you can get to the original performance.
This format requires a larger file, so you’ll need more bandwidth to stream it and more space on your hard drive to store the music, but it’s well worth it. That extra space required is due to the fact that the files include all the audio details from the actual recording, so it’s almost like you’re in the studio or on stage with the artist.
Due to the high quality of high-end audio systems in Chicago, hi-res files also cost a bit more than compressed tracks. Again, if you want top-quality sound, it’s worth the investment.
How to access it
High-res audio files come in a variety of formats. You’ll need to choose the right type of file to access it with your high-end audio system in Chicago. Look for the following file types to use with the appropriate device:
- WAV: This is compatible with most Windows and Apple computers. It is the standard format for CDs.
- AIFF: This is the format Apple uses for uncompressed audio files.
- FLAC: This format requires 50 percent of the storage space that uncompressed files need, making it a popular choice. However, it is not compatible with Apple Music or iTunes.
- ALAC: Like FLAC, this format also takes up approximately half the space of uncompressed audio files. In this case, the files are not always compatible with non-Apple devices.
- DSD: This format provides a single bit stream. If you’re using a high-end audio system in Chicago, your player will probably convert this type of file to PCM for listening.
- MQA: This format encodes the files so they are small enough to stream them, while preserving all the file information. These files can typically be played through all audio systems.
How to listen to it
For the best listening experience with high-resolution audio, you should use a high-end audio system in Chicago. However, high-res options are now available on a variety of devices, including stereos, home theater systems, car stereos and sound bars.
Enjoy high-res solutions
For top sound from a high-end audio system in Chicago, contact the team at Quintessence Audio LTD. We’ve been the premier luxury high-end audio dealer in Chicagoland since 1977. Locally owned and operated, we take pride in our products, and our employees are ready, willing and able to educate you on everything we offer. Our selection includes top-tier brands such as Clearaudio, Dynaudio, Magico, SimAudio and Sonus Faber. Stop in today to discover audio like you’ve never heard before.
Categorised in: Hi-Res Audio
This post was written by Writer