When it comes to stereo or home theater surround sound equipment, either you must have the latest and greatest, or you just want a simple setup. Whichever category you fall into, the important thing is that you don’t waste your money on a subpar product from a less than reputable business. Finding exactly what you want at a decent price and from a store with a reputation for good customer service will take a little legwork on your part, but it will definitely be worth your time and energy.
With that in mind, here are some steps you can take to find the right surround sound store in Chicago for all your audio equipment needs:
- Search keywords: Today, we can get all kinds of information right at our fingertips by way of the Internet. Simply type in specific keywords to search for nearby audio stores—like “surround sound equipment,” “home audio,” “surround sound stores” or “home stereo speakers,” plus your location or others nearby—which will narrow down the possibilities, and fast.
- Read through business websites: Once you find some stores, take the time to read over their websites. Websites should look clean and professional. This is a great starting point, as you will be able to check out the products they offer, investigate product prices and even read customer testimonials.
- Ask for personal recommendations: Another good way to find the right surround sound store in Chicago is to ask your friends, family, coworkers and neighbors. You’re bound to get a more straightforward response from people you know, making eliminating the not-so-great stores an even faster process.
- Check out consumer ratings: Whether you log onto online community forums or consult the Better Business Bureau (or both) for a store’s rating, the key is to gain some insight into a company. Do they have a good reputation? Are there a lot of customer complaints? Many customer recommendations? Are they in the spotlight for good reasons?
- Make contact with stores: Now, pick a few stores to contact. This means emailing or calling with questions specific to the type of audio system or equipment you are looking for. Not only will their response give you answers, but you’ll also get a feel for how they treat their customers.
- Visit stores: Some people are hands-on, meaning they prefer trying things out before they buy. This is totally understandable. While in the store, check that the equipment is made of quality materials, has the control functions and settings you want, sounds great and is within your price range.
- Compare prices: Regardless of whether you look online or go to some stores, make sure to compare prices. Of course, you could buy from the first dealer you land on, but if you’re seeking out a good deal, shop around and do some price comparisons.
If you want to shop at a surround sound store in Chicago that offers the newest technology and quality products and is dedicated to providing excellent customer service, look no further than Quintessence Audio Ltd. Our team of knowledgeable audio professionals is ready to help. Contact us today or feel free to visit us in-store!